Dec 03, 2012 - SENTENCING DATE SET FOR HOLUBOWICH (Grande Prairie Warriors case)

 

Sentencing for Brenden Holubowich is set to take place on Feb. 22, 2013 in the Grande Prairie Court of Queen’s Bench.

Holubowich is facing 16 charges in connection to the deaths of four Grande Prairie teens, and serious injuries to a fifth, in a two-vehicle collision south of Grande Prairie in the fall of 2011.

“I expect a guilty to plea to be entered and sentencing to take place,” said Crown prosecutor Jason Neustaeter, outside the courtroom Monday.

A two-week trial had been set for Dec. 2 to Dec. 13, 2013 under a month ago, but court heard those dates were released on Monday.

Vincent Stover, 16, Matthew Deller, 16, Walter Borden-Wilkins, 15, and Tanner Hildebrand, 15, were killed in the Correction Line crash on Oct. 22, 2011.

Fifteen-year-old Zach Judd survived, but was seriously injured.

Neustaeter said he expects Holubowich to plead guilty to “some of the charges” he’s been charged with, but would not say how long of a sentence the Crown will be seeking.

Neustaeter said sentencing will likely take at least half a day, as the family members of the teens will have the opportunity to give impact statements.

Holubowich is charged with four counts of impaired driving causing death, four counts of dangerous operation of a vehicle causing death, four counts of impaired driving causing death, one count of impaired driving causing bodily harm, one count of dangerous operation of a vehicle causing bodily harm, one count of impaired driving causing bodily harm, and one count of failure to stop at the scene of an accident.

 

Source:  Daily Herald Tribune


 

Last updated on: 2013-02-25 | Link to this post